Saturday 6 April 2013

A survivors story by H.E

Continuing on with our guest blogs for September's awareness campaign, here is another survivor's story, this time from one of our peach sister's in the US.

I am now 37 years old. I was diagnosed and treated for Uterine Cancer when I was 35. 

For many years I had problems with irregular menstrual cycles. This was nothing new. What was new and got me calling my Dr was when after intercourse I was having bleeding. 
I was having bad cramping before my period would start. Pain during intercourse. These were things I was just dealing with. I was afraid what the Dr may say. 

My husband and I wanted children and were not having any luck. We found out later the cancer was the cause. When I did go to the Dr. I was told I had polyps and that would fix the problems of bleeding after intercourse and pain during. 
I went to a OB/GYN and there was an exam. What was found was actually tissue masses. The tissue masses were removed and sent for testing. The samples were tested several times before the results were sent to the Dr. I then found out I had cancer. 

My cancer was caught at stage one Grade one which is the lowest grade. This was a good thing. My treatment was a hysterectomy. I am continuing to see my Dr on a regular basis and the cancer has not returned.   

I had a friend that was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer that was in stage 4 about the same time. Her cancer was misdiagnosed. She had cervical cancer and has since passed away. 

She was the reason I went to see my Dr. She is the reason I am able to share my story and in some ways her story as well and bring awareness.
.
 
 
 
 
If you would like to share your story and help raise awareness then please contact us at wombcancersupportuk@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment