Wednesday 24 October 2012

Here a blog, there a blog!!!

During September's Womb Cancer  Awareness Campaign we had some guest bloggers write for us here and it was great to see the response that they got. Some of the stories were quite harrowing and some very inspirational. Many thanks to all the lovely ladies who agreed to write for us.

I'd like to share a couple of blogs posts that I came across over the past couple of days and I hope that you will read them and then pass on the links as I think they make very good reading and deserve to be more widely seen.

The first is by a young man who I first came across a few weeks back when I found a blog post he had written about his Mother who had sadly died of womb cancer. It was a moving blog and I reposted it on our FB page. Shortly after, Dan contacted us via the FB page. Turns out that he is in The Philippines and there is a lack of information and support there for women going through womb cancer. Within a few hours, Dan had set up a FB page of his own to fill the void. He is also doing a blog and he has reposted the original post that first alerted me to him. Please read it and share it. It doesn't matter where in the world we are, womb cancer can strike any women.

http://endometrialcancerphilippines.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/a-woman-named-jocelyn.html


The second blog post that I'd like to share with you is one that I could easily have written myself. It explains exactly how I felt, and still feel about my journey with cancer.

http://imjustsarahcate.tumblr.com/post/33154691916/i-am-not-your-hero

I hope that you will read and share this blog posts and maybe they will inspire you to write something yourself about your cancer journey. If so, please let us know and we'll glady share it here.

Until next time, stay peachy!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog. Could you email me when you get a chance?

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have left no contact details. Please email us at wombcancersupportuk@hotmail.co.uk if you have a question. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are trying to raise awareness amongst women of all ages so that they know the risk factors and the signs and symptoms to look out for. At present there is no screening available for womb cancer so we need women to be aware of what to look out for and then visit their GP's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete