Monday 14 October 2013

No one wants cancer as a job!

I had started this blog last weekend but didn't find the time to finish it but was pleased to see that another blogger, Chris Lewis from http://www.chris-cancercommunity.blogspot.co.uk/ had picked up on the subject.

I scrapped the original blog so here is a brief summary of what I would have said - please pop over and read Chris's blog for a much more eloquent article. He writes so well and I would urge you to follow his blog as it's very good.

In a brief article that Jennifer Saunders, of Ab Fab fame had given, she apparently said that some cancer patients wear their cancer like a badge!

She was quoted as saying "You get so much attention and, if you’re not used to that, I bet it can sway you a little. I’m used to it. My job gives me the attention I’d otherwise crave. They must be so p****d off when their hair grows back"

Now, as you can imagine, this didn't go down too well with the ladies in WCSUK!!!
Comments ranged from "insensitive", "cruel", "smug" - fair to say that many of the women were not impressed with her attitude towards fellow survivors.

She may think that some cancer patients/survivors like the attention they get but I've yet to meet one who does!!

It would seem that she needs the attention at the moment - she's got a book to flog!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment